Inspired by Nom Nom Paleo’s magic mushroom powder, which we LOVE btw, we wanted to come up with an herb blend to make with all the abundant dried herbs from our garden – so we pulverized some shitake mushrooms (because we had some) and added some of the amazing herbs we had from our garden this last summer.
We think it turned out yummy and have tried it on a couple things and have really enjoyed it!!
summer herb seasoning blend
umami packed herb blend
- 1 oz dried shitake mushroom
- 1 T dried rosemary
- 1 T dried thyme
- 1 t dried sage
- 1 t Redmond Real Salt
- Using a small food processor or spice grinder, pulverize shitake mushroom until they are a fine powder, pour into small mixing bowl.
- Add rosemary to the spice grinder and pulse a couple times, then add in the thyme and sage. Pulse a couple more times…you don’t want this to be a fine powder, just need the herbs broken up a bit. Add herbs to the ground mushrooms.
- Add the salt and stir to combine.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.