We are not coffee drinkers, but instead are Crio Bru drinkers! Which is basically brewed in a French press similar to coffee but is actually cocoa beans…so yes indeed it’s brewed chocolate!! You can read the details about it on our “Crio Bru pie” post from last Fall ~ it’s pretty delicious stuff folks!
Even though Crio Bru has quite the global presence, it is a local company right here in Utah with the home office literally about 15 minutes from us and we visit the warehouse often to pick up some bags and keep our pantry well stocked. We’ve included another local Utah company in this blend as well, Redmond Real Salt – America’s only pink rock salt and truly one of the best salts around and we were thrilled to add it to this blend.
If you don’t want the heat of this spice rub, certainly just leave out the chipotle powder and flakes, but either way…we hope you love trying this blend out on all sorts of meats and veggies. You can use it as a dry rub or also as a wet marinade…possibilities are up to you!
crio bru spice
the perfect spice rub full of the chocolately flavor Crio Bru
- 1 c Crio Bru blend, use your favorite blend
- 6 T coconut sugar
- ¼ c Redmond Real Salt
- ½ oz porcini mushroom, pulverized in a spice blender
- 6 T aleppo pepper
- 2 T freeze dried garlic, pulverized in a spice blender
- 1 T cumin
- 1 T chipotle chili flakes (optional)
- 1 t black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 t chipotle chili powder (optional)
- Toss all ingredients together in a non-reactive bowl and stir well to combine.
- Use as a dry rub for meats or mix with an acid/oil combo of choice and use as a wet marinade.
- Store in a glass jar.