Crio Brü slushy
We came up with this recipe for a couple reasons (one because it’s chocolate!), but mostly because while we’re doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox (info here) enjoying a warm cup of Crio Brü isn’t possible. OK, one could technically drink it on the detox, however without a splash of real maple syrup, it’s just a tad too “dark” for us, so while detoxing, it just looks at us from the pantry shelf! Until now!!!!
Decided it was worth trying to make a smoothie out of it, but it’s actually more like a slushy…either way, it works!!!
Not familiar with Crio Brü (click here for info) – oh goodness, you’re in for a treat!! It’s basically “brewed chocolate” or hot chocolate probably the way nature intended. To quote their web site:
The cocoa bean (also known as the cacao bean) is one of nature’s most amazing superfoods, offering high antioxidant value, mineral benefits and natural energy. Doctors and dieticians have espoused the benefits of dark chocolate for years, teaching us that the cacoa beans used to make this healthy chocolate can become a critical part of a healthy diet.
Yes, I’d say we have a “cocoa bean” love for this drink, it has many amazing health benefits such as:
- increase energy naturally
- boost your immune system
- curb your appetite
- supports your heart & digestive system, bones & brain
- oxygenate the blood & maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- feel great, increase focus, reduce stress & sleep better
You should probably head on over and join the Crio Brü web site and check it out!! Join in the love ~
12 oz brewed Crio Brü, double strength, chilled
½-1 green tipped banana, cut into thirds and frozen
2 T (small handful) of raw almonds
½ c full fat coconut milk
1 T nut butter (we use sunbutter)
½ t vanilla
1 scoop of protein powder (our favorite by Dr. Josh Axe)
- Toss everything into the ol’ blender and whirl away until well incorporated and nuts are ground well
- ½-1 green tipped banana – we use just a ½, not a huge fan of green tipped bananas, so we’d rather have this a little less on the sweet side, than have it taste too much like the green banana. Personal choice, if you don’t mind it…toss the whole thing in!
- This could probably serve two, although…pour half into a freezer safe container and set it in the freeze to enjoy later on.