Slow cooked, warm savory flavors, super easy to get cooking and such a versatile shredded chicken to use in so many ways…who doesn’t need this in their lives! Perfect for tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, quick protein for salads, fried up with an egg on top and quac on the side…see where you can take this!
We’ve been cooking this chicken for so many years and is the base for several recipes we will be sharing in the near future, so we thought we may as well get it out there so you can start using it. Not to mention the smell of it slow cooking all day just get’s you so excited for dinner!
shredded chicken casera
amazing shredded chicken for all your Paleo Mexican food meals
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 t Redmond Real Salt
- 2 T ground cumin
- 1 t oregano
- 1 can herdez brand salsa casera or 7-8 oz of your favorite salsa
- 2 c chicken bone broth
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot.
- Sprinkle salt, cumin and oregano on top of chick then pour salsa and bone broth on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours.
- Once done, remove chicken from crock pot to cutting board and shred with a couple of forks or simply use your hands once they’ve cooled a bit.
- Strain what’s left of the broth in the crock pot and reserve to pour over the top of the shredded chicken. You can also squeeze a couple limes right up on top before using!
- Use for any recipes that may call for shredded chicken…store any unused in refrigerator for up to two weeks.