dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts
Because it’s #nationalchocolatecoverednut day – that’s why this happened today. That and the sun is finally shining here in Utah and it just felt right to use macadamia nuts and coconut together! Swap out whatever kinda nut you like and vary the amount depending on the chocolate vs nut ratio you prefer…it’s chocolate either way!
12 oz dk chocolate – use whatever kind you prefer
handful of macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
sprinkle of unsweetened coconut
- line a baking sheet with parchment, set aside
- place chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of about 2″ of just boiling water, watch carefully and melt until creamy
- toss in chopped macadamia nuts and stir to incorporate
- poor mixture onto parchment and spread with a spatula so it’s evenly distributed
sprinkle coconut on top as well as additional nuts if desidred
- place in freezer until firm and the break apart, we store ours in the freezer…keeps us from eating it all at once!