Because peaches have been in season here in Utah for about a month and it’s also Labor Day today…we made lots of peach pie to say goodbye to summer and welcome the Fall colors to our world here in Provo.
It’s a family favorite…and we don’t really need many more words than that! Enjoy every single bite and enjoy how tummy friendly these treat is for you and your family!
fresh peach pie
freshest paleo peach pie EVER
- Toss cut up peaches with a couple tablespoons of the glaze and gently toss about to give them a light coating then pour just about all of the fruit into prepared pie crust. Reserve a little so you can add some to the top of the pie to create some height.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently move fruit around to insure there aren’t any large gaps between pieces.
- Start by drizzling about ¼ cup of the glaze over the top of the peaches and again using the rubber spatula, carefully move fruit around so that the glaze can work it’s way through all the fruit…add more glaze with a spoon to fill in the gaps as you prefer. You don’t want the fruit swimming in the glaze, but you do want enough of it to hold the pieces together so when you cut into it they don’t all fall apart.
- At this point, if you have the room…carefully place those last few peaches you reserved up on top…if you don’t have the room, enjoy them with a spoon!
- Put the pie in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours so that the glaze can set up a bit.
- Depending on the ripeness/juiciness of the peaches, as you cut the pie to serve…you could still have it kind of fall apart because the peach pieces will start to release some juice. No matter, just use a spoon and scoop them back onto the crust. It all tastes the same, it just may not be as pretty!
- Top with your favorite “paleo whipped cream” or “paleo ice cream” and enjoy the last glimpse of summer that the flavors bring to you mouth!