This is simply a variation of our pumpkin spice chocolate marbled donuts…for when you really don’t want to go to the extra effort of making a marbled variation of pumpkin and chocolate, but would still like to have these two flavors together. Simple enough, just make the pumpkin donuts and toss some extra dark chocolate chips in the batter…problem solved. Super easy and the flavors of this duo are always a happy occasion in your mouth.
pumpkin chocolate chip mini donuts
paleo pumpkin chocolate chip donuts, the perfect combo
- 1 c Otto’s cassava flour
- 1 t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- 1 T pumpkin pie spice
- 2 T coconut sugar
- ¼ c softened butter*
- 6 T pure maple syrup
- ¼ c full fat coconut milk
- ½ c pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ dark chocolate chips
- chocolate glaze topping
- ½ c dark chocolate chips
- 1 t coconut oil
- dried mango, finely shredded with a micro plane
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the cassava flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice – set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, add softened butter & coconut sugar and mix until fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Add maple syrup, coconut milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, egg and chocolate chips to butter mixture and mix till well combined.
- Add flour mixture to liquid and mix until all ingredients are combined, batter will be thick which is perfect for filling your donut maker or tray.
- We use a plastic bag with the tip cut off to pipe our batter into our donut maker, you can also use a pastry bag…whichever method, fill with batter and prep your donut maker or donut pan and bake according to manufacturers instructions.
- Our Babycakes donut maker takes about 4½ minutes to cook ours up, baking in oven trays may take a bit longer.
- Remove cooked donuts to a cooling rack and let cool completely before topping.
- While donuts are cooling, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double broiler till warmed and smooth, spoon into a smaller bowl for dipping and/or drizzling.
- Dip the top of the donut into the chocolate and return to cooling rack, repeat with remaining donuts or drizzle with any additional chocolate.
- Add micro-planed dried fruit if desired, shaved chocolate or nuts, otherwise…let the chocolate set to harden. Store in uneaten donuts refrigerator. *for dairy free, use coconut oil instead