sunbutter pecan fat bombs
I made some toasted sunbutter the other day, oh ya, homemade is best by far! It takes time and a hearty food processor or one of those amazing blenders, but the results are creamy deliciousness! It’s my new favorite nut butter, although…I haven’t tried making macadamia nut butter, which could be completely amazing! Another post for another nutty day! Back to sunbutter…I found myself dipping pecans into it as a “not-sweet” treat during our 21 Day Sugar Detox (click here for info) and I just thought, why not make a yummy sunbutter “fat bomb” with the pecans! Why not indeed!
The ratio between sunbutter and chopped pecans, ya it’s equal…but I’m totally into texture and I wanted the same experience as dipping a pecan into sunbutter, and since I also enjoy coconut I thought it would be great to add even more texture, so that went in the bowl. It’s only 5 ingredients and they come together pretty easily! These are best kept in the freezer for a couple reasons, #1 – coconut oil mixed with sunbutter is pretty much a bit runny at room temp and #2 – that way they don’t all get eaten!
For fat bomb
¼ c sunbutter
¼ c chopped pecans
2 T shredded, unsweetened coconut
⅛ t vanilla
1 T melted coconut oil
¼ c finely chopped pecans
¼ c shredded, unsweetened coconut
- Place first 4 fat bomb ingredients in a small bowl.
- Melt coconut oil – and please not in the microwave! I won’t go on a rant here, but seriously why kill all the amazingness of coconut oil by zapping it – measure what you need into a smaller dish and place that dish into another dish filled with warm water…melting will happen! Once coconut oil is melted, pour into bowl with other bomb ingredients and mix well.
- Place bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes, this will firm up the mixture so you can work with it, otherwise…you will have a runny mess on your hands, literally!
- Once you’ve got the consistency you need, scoop out into approximately 1″ mounds, I prefer using a scoop, that way the heat of your hands won’t start the melting process until you roll into a ball and coat. You should get about 10 total.
- Roll in desired coating, finely diced pecans, coconut, both – you choose!
- Put on a small plate and place in the freezer. Once they are solid, by all means enjoy 1 (or 2) and then place the rest in an air tight container. If you don’t freeze them separate first and put them all together in the container, they will tend to stick together!