This has been our go-to marinade/dressing for so many years, I’m not even sure when I first made it. What I do know…it’s so tasty and versatile you’ll find all sorts of ways to use it! We use it all the time and the wonderful thing about it, if we use it for marinating veggies we’re going to grill, we pour it back into a jar and store it in the fridge and re-use it as a marinade the next week or even as a dressing*. Depending on the veggies you marinade (like sweet onions) it will lend some more depth to the flavors!
- 1 c balsamic vinegar
- 2 T dijon mustard
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1½-2 c Chosen Foods avocado oil
- fresh chives
- Redmond Real Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, add vinegar, dijon mustard and garlic powder, whisk til combined. While whisking, slowly pour avocado oil into vinegar mixture. Start with 1½ cups of oil, if you like it a thinner consistency, continue whisking and add remaining ½ of oil. Mixture should start to emulsify…which is exactly what you want!!!
- Toss in chives, add salt & pepper to taste. Don’t skimp on the pepper…it just lends itself to some amazing depths flavor!
- Use to dress salads, fruit or am amazing marinade! *Safety note….if you do use it to marinade any meats or poultry, please toss it! I know some folks like to use marinades and then boil on the stove top and re-use…not here. Our family slogan “when in doubt, throw it out!” ~ we just don’t like making each other, or anyone else sick!!