This yummy Spring salad was inspired by a local restaurant that just opened recently. The have a very similar salad ~ but I wanted to step it up by a couple ingredients and use our balsamic vinaigrette that has TONS of deep flavor!
It’s super easy to put together because we use pre-cooked & packaged beets by “Love Beets” that our local Costco happens to carry…so perfect!! If you don’t have access to that, so sorry! You’ll just need to pre-roast and chill some beets ahead of time when you make this tastiness!
As always, if you’re completely “dairy-intolerant” please just skip the little bit of feta cheese sprinkled up on top, it’s still such a yummy, taste-bud popping and fresh salad! You can make this ahead of time and just before serving, top with feta, pistachios and chives.
strawberry beet salad
The perfect summer time salad to share this season!
- 2 c fresh strawberries, washed & diced into good sized bite sized pieces
- 2 c beets, roasted, peeled & chilled – cut into same size pieces as the strawberries
- 4-5 c arugala, or whatever works for the platter you’ll be serving it on
- ¼ c our balsamic dressing
- 3 T chopped pistachios
- 1 T crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- chives, finely chopped (optional)
- Toss strawberries and beets together in a large enough mixing bowl that you can carefully hand toss them, using a spoon can sometimes bruise or slice into the ingredients.
- Pour balsamic dressing over beets and strawberries and again carefully toss with your hands, and yes your hands could possibly have a lovely red hue from the beets by now…one of the lovely perks of working with beets.
- Arrange arugala on platter or plate you’ll be serving salad on & carefully place the beet/strawberry mixture on top.
- Drizzle on a bit more dressing if you want at this point…totally optional.
- Sprinkle on feta, (if using) pistachios & chives.
- Serve or refrigerate till until ready to serve