Don’t let the name fool you…this is not officially considered a “spritzer” in the real terms of what society probably thinks. It does not contain any wine…we are not drinkers, so we’re not gonna pretend that this is an official “drink” so to speak. It is, however, a yummy carbonated, slightly sweet, summery beverage… so the name could be called a mango lime carbonated, slightly sweet, summery beverage, but ya….really just too long of a name to call it. So…spritzer it is!!
Mango and lime together…right! Enough said…make some of the mango simple syrup and some LaCroix mango sparkling water and keep them both on hand all summer, cause you’re gonna be needing one of these spritzer’s probably every night!
mango lime spritzer
a mango lime carbonated, slightly sweet, summery beverage
- 2 c chopped mango, about 2-3 ataulfos, probably 2 of the larger variety
- 2 c water
- ¾ c raw honey
- limes, 1-2 per person
- sparkling water, well chilled, 8-12 oz per person
- Place mango, water and honey in a medium sauce pan, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until mixture is reduced by nearly half.
- Puree mango with an immersion blender, or very carefully in batches in a blender…hot liquid and blenders can cause hot kitchen explosions…very hot…so please be careful!
- Using a fine mesh sieve, strain mixture into a glass bowl. Use a spoon to make sure you get every last drop of syrup through that sieve!
- Do not throw out the mango pulp!! It’s delicious…save it and use next time you need to flavor up some chia seed pudding or toss it in your smoothy.
- Store mango simple syrup in the fridge.
- SPRITZER DIRECTIONS: fill your 12 oz glass about half way up with ice (pebble preferably), juice 1 fresh lime on top of the ice, next pour in 3-4 T of mango simple syrup and then fill the rest of the way up with sparkling water…stir – add straw and sip away! You can certainly squeeze more lime in or more mango simple syrup…everyone’s taste preferences are different!