This recipe, like many others on our little blog here, was created for a family member…namely our Miss Makenna! We needed to find a portable way for her to include some extra collagen in her daily routine, something she could take to work/school. So we decided on a little nugget of good fat, warm fuzzy flavors and amazing collagen!
I grew up eating peanut butter and syrup sandwiches…seriously had them nearly every day for school lunch! So, naturally…Makenna also enjoyed them in her school lunches growing up. Fast forward to when we began our Paleo journey and “poof” those were no longer a staple. Sadness for sure. Until we realized there were nut butters we could use and real maple syrup is far superior to the corn syrup laden fake syrup we’d always used. So, the combo of sun butter and maple syrup was just the first flavor that came to mind for these babies!
Super easy recipe to stir together, they’re delicious and full of wonderful healthy fat, crunchy pecans, subtle sweetness of maple syrup and of course the Further Food collagen peptides. We’ve tried several brands of collagen and have just found Further Food collagen provides us with all the benefits were looking for in one scoop that dissolves quickly and is completely tasteless and odorless! Which when you’re dealing with collagen is super important because most of the time you don’t want some foods tasting like beef gravy, like these yummy fat bombs!
sun butter maple collagen fat bombs
recipe description here
- ½ cup smooth, unsweetened almond butter, room temp
- 2 tbl maple syrup, room temp
- 2 tbl coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2-3 scoops Further Foods Collagen Peptides
- 2 tbl shredded coconut
- 1 tbl Tin Star Brown Butter Ghee
- 1 tbl hemp seeds
- 1 tsp black or brown sesame seeds
- pinch of Redmond Real Salt
- additional chopped pecans and coconut for coating (optional)
- Mix everything (with the exception of the additional pecans and coconut for coating) together in a food processor til well combined.
- Scrap mixture out of food processor container into a bowl and refrigerate for about an hour to harden up a bit.
- Remove from refrigeration and roll into balls between the palms of your hands. We use a 2 tsp ice scream scoop or you can simply scoop out with a small spoon.
- Roll completed balls in additional finely chopped pecans or shredded coconut. Place in refrigerator until ready to enjoy. You should get 12-15, just depends on how large you want to roll them.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer. Before freezing, place them all separately on a plate, once frozen they can then be placed in a bag for storing.