Because sometimes you just need a yummy bit of crunchy topping for your morning smoothie, a sweet crunchy topping for your protein packed salad or maybe even simply to snack on right out of the pan after you let it cool just a bit!! Ya…this tastiness has you covered in all those areas. Guaranteed you’re going to want to make a double batch, it’s just that good!!
The main reason they’re so delicious and perfectly crunchy is hands down because we use Artisan Tropics plantain strips. No other brand compares. Trust on this, we’ve stopped making our own plantain chips since we’ve found this great brand. They’re family owned and operated, go out of their way to bring an amazing product to market and are absolutely the nicest folks. They have several varieties to choose from and also have cassava strips as well…which are such a fun flavor explosion in your mouth. Light and crispy and a new snack experience you’re gonna love!
sweet plantain crunch
A sweet plantain crunch that is going to be your new go to paleo granola option for all your topping and snacking needs. Only the best plantains make this perfect, Artisan Tropic plantain strips are a guaranteed winner!
- 2 tbls ghee (or fat of choice)
- 1 cup Artisan Tropic crushed plantains (cinnamon or naturally sweet)
- 1 cup large shred, unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 2-4 tbls maple syrup
- ¼ tsp Redmond Real Salt
- Heat up a cast iron skillet on med heat – add ghee and stir until melted.
- Toss in coconut, crushed plantains, pumpkin seeds..stir to coat and let coconut and plantains start to get some warm color.
- Reduce heat a bit and pour in maple syrup, add salt and stir to coat. Stir continuously for just a few more minutes and remove to a glass plate to cool.
- Once cooled, break apart and dig in, toss on top of fluffy vanilla bean fruit dip, use it to top your smoothie bowls, or just enjoy by the handfuls. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!