Third in our series of recipes using our most favorite nut…the scrumptious pili nut! We wanted to have a little fun with this recipe and besides, dessert waffles are already dreamy and adding pili nuts to the batter makes them even dreamier! Stack these babies, add a scoop (or two) of your favorite ice cream and a drizzle or two of cocoa pili nut butter and chocolate and you’ve got a super fun dessert. Perfect party food…have a dessert bar and let friends and family assemble their own, how fun is that! Make a bunch up ahead of time and once they’re cooled, freeze them…dessert prep done!
pili nut chocolate dessert waffles
- ½ c Pili Hunter unsalted pili nuts
- ¼ c ghee, melted (or fat of choice)
- ¼ c maple syrup
- 1¼ full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 c Otto’s Cassava Flour
- ¼ c cocoa powder
- 2 tbls coconut sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp Redmond Real Salt
- additional Pili Hunters pili nuts (opt)
- your favorite ice cream
- Pili Hunters Cacao Pili Nut Butter (opt)
- chocolate drizzle… ½ c dark chocolate chips + 1 t coconut oil…melt in a double broiler(opt)
- sliced fruit, if desired
- Add ingredients to high speed blender in the order listed and blend until all those luscious pili nuts are ground up smooth – you should have a very nice batter once it’s all done. Little thicker than a cake batter.
- Heat up waffle iron and cook according to manufacturers directions. We like to top our waffles with a few more chopped pili nuts before closing the lid! Ads the perfect texture to the waffle.
- As waffles finish, keep warm on a rack in your oven as you make the rest of them, this helps keep them crispy.
- Top with your favorite ice cream, drizzle some cacoa Pili Nut Butter, chocolate drizzle and fresh fruit…all optional, but we’d suggest it! Enjoy!!!