It’s always fun to get to do a giveaway with one of your blogger idols, and then get to share one of their recipes here on our tiny corner of the blog-o-sphere!
Jennifer Robins new cookbook, “Paleo Cooking With Your Instant Pot” is fast becoming the “must have” essential guide for all your paleo IP needs! She has 80 amazing recipes that are not just simply limited to dinners…she’s got sides, beverages, sauces and of course desserts!
This Chocolate Pots de Crème caught our eye immediately..because it’s chocolate and we knew it had to be delicious not to mention we were so intrigued that you could actually make dessert in the IP! Well rest assured…we made it, it is in fact AMAZING and yes, dessert is certainly a possibility in your IP!!
Grab her new book, “Paleo Cooking With Your Instant Pot” and enjoy this recipe as well as all the other’s Jen has created for all of us there, she seriously works hard to bring everything to the table that she does. Not sure how she pulls it off!
Without further chit chat…here is the recipe, you can also find it on page #158 in her book. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did…and will next time we make it!! Soooooo yummy!
Predominately Paleo’s Instant Pot Chocolate Pots de Crème
Instant Pot Chocolate Pots de Crème
Credit: Predominately Paleo, Jennifer Robins
- 1 c coconut milk
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ c melted dairy/soy free chocolate chips
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 c water
- In a blender, mix together the first four ingredients until they are creamy. If you do not have a blender, make sure your eggs and coconut milk are room temperature before adding in the melted chocolate chips, or the melted chocolate will seize up and your mixture will not be creamy.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into appropriate tempered glass or ceramic bowls (or cups).
- Pour the water into the stainless steel bowl of your Instant Pot.
- Place your pots de crème into the bowl as well.
- Secure the lid of your IP, close the pressure valve and press the Manual button.
- Now press the “-” button until 5 minutes is displayed. Allow the cooking cycle to finish.
- Quick-release the pressure valve and remove the lid when safe to do so.
- Take out your pots de crème and refrigerate them until they are cool and set, around an hour.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream and dairy-free shavings.