Another yummy recipe using our favorite paleo caramels from SWEET APRICITY! This time wtih a truly decadent variation. Paleo caramel apple tarts! Sounds ablsolutely delicious right!!!
This one does have some prep work, but it’s time well spent! Fun time saving tip: make our PALEO PIE CRUST ahead of time! It keeps in the fridge beautifully! Once you’ve got it all made, roll it up into a ball and wrap it in plastic. You’re done with that step! When you’re ready to make these paleo caramel apple tarts, let it come to room temperature and you’re ready to go!
Sweet Apricity crafts their goodies for those following the AIP (Autoimmune Protocol), Paleo, Gluten-Free or Dairy-Free diets. They offer the sense of joy that’s sorely needed when living with restriction. Sweet Apricity caramels, caramel sauce and marshmallows are all dairy free!
Green apples are our favorite for this recipe, but use whatever variety you might have on hand. This recipe is a great way to use up an apple that might be on it’s way out. The kind that are just starting to get a little soft’ish!
Our other recipes using SWEET APRICITY CARAMELS
Our favorite ingredients used in this recipe!
caramel apple pecan tartsCourse: dessertDifficulty: Easy
cutest mini paleo caramel tarts EVER!
1 recipe, Paleo Pie Crust
1½ cups green apple, diced into ¼ “ cubes
⅛ tsp Redmond Real Salt
10 Sweet Apricitiy Caramels, cut in half
⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grab that mini muffin tin.
- Prepare pie crust as directed and separate into 20 individual dough balls. Easiest way to do this is to divide the ball in half. Roll one of the halves into a long log, then cut into 10 even pieces, rolling them into smaller balls. Repeat with the other half. Place each of the dough balls into a spot in your muffin tin. You can press them evenly into the pan with your fingers, or you can use the end of any circular kitchen gadget you have that will fit inside the tin. (our ice cream scoop worked great!) Press straight down on top of the dough ball and it should force the dough around and up the sides! Repeat until all 20 are done. Cover loosely with plastic and set aside.
- Place diced apple into a small bowl and toss with salt. Do not skip this part, salting those apples made them sing! Place apples inside each tart, distributing evenly. Roll each caramel half into a small ball, flatten slightly then place on top of apples.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden, caramel is bubbly and apples are soft. Check around 15 minutes to see that all the apples are covered with caramel. If not, removed from the overn and use the tip of a butter knife to push the apples down into the melted caramel. Resume baking.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for about 10 minutes. Top with chopped pecans. If using the drizzle, let them cool a bit first. Combine about 3 tablespoons powdered maple sugar with just enough water to make a nice ribbony consistency and drizzle away. Enjoy!