It’s here! Our new Paleo SWEET POTATO MARSHMALLOW muffin just in time for the holiday season! Paying homage to one of our favorite Thanksgiving dinner side dishes, sweet potatoes topped with marshmallows! Anyone else?
Oh and it’s loaded with chopped pecans too, because that was also a must for our side dish of sweet potatoes besides the marshmallows on top! One must have some texture to enjoy and the chopped pecans are perfect.
We used a canned, organic sweet potato puree we found locally and it made these sweet potato marshmallow muffins so much easier. If you end up baking your own sweet potato, totally doable. Make sure the consistency is close to that of “baby food” – otherwise your muffin batter will be really thick.
The trick to getting the marshmallows just barely melted is to add them during the last couple minutes of baking (see step #5 below) allowing them to get some warmth from the muffin and also the oven. Once you remove them from the oven, they’ll continue to melt so don’t let them get too melty or browned before you remove them.
Using the delicious marshmallows from Sweet Apricity makes these so very easy and oh so AMAZING! As with all of their products, they are paleo friendly and beyond delicious. Click over to their site to see all their goodies and be sure to use the discount: BACKPORCHPALEO at checkout for 15% off!
Sweet Apricity crafts their goodies for those following the AIP (Autoimmune Protocol), Paleo, Gluten-Free or Dairy-Free diets. They offer the sense of joy that’s sorely needed when living with restriction. Sweet Apricity caramels, caramel sauce and marshmallows are all dairy free!
Our other recipes using SWEET APRICITY goodies:
Our favorite ingredients used in this recipe!
- Sweet Apricity vanilla marshmallows
- Redmond Real Salt Kosher Salt
- Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour
- Coombs Maple Sugar
sweet potato marshmallow muffinsCourse: breakfastDifficulty: Easy
cutest mini paleo caramel tarts EVER!
1 ¼ c Otto’s Cassava Flour
¾ c maple sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp Redmond Real Salt
¼ tsp baking powder
3 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
½ c ghee, melted (or grass-fed butter or coconut oil)
1 c sweet potato puree
1 c chopped pecans, plus additional for top (opt)
18 Sweet Apricity vanilla marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 385°. Line muffin tin with parchment liners, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk cassava flour, maple sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder together in a mixing bowl, toss in chopped pecans and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla, ghee and sweet potato puree together until well combined, and eggs are all incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop batter into lined muffin tins, you should get 8-9 depending on how full you like your muffins.
- Bake for 18 minutes and remove from the oven. Top each muffin with 2 marshmallows and return to the oven for an additional 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows begin to melt.
- Remove from the oven and insert a pecan half on top (opt) and let them set for 5 minutes in muffin tin then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Best enjoyed while still a bit warm! Store at room temperature or freeze for enjoying later.