If you’re in need of the perfect little party cookie, look no further! Melt in your mouth crunchy coating of powdered sugar and chopped hazelnuts with a tender inside of more hazelnut goodness!! Oh how this cookie loves to party and will be the perfect accompaniment to any goodie table.
These little gems are literally just that, gems of flavor and oh so cute. Perfectly sized and do you really know anyone that doesn’t enjoy “Nutella” …exactly! The word alone makes most folks taste buds engage and brings happy food memories rushing back. It’s a fun recipe to toss together and since it makes quite a few, you can whip up a batch, enjoy a couple and put the rest in the freezer so you’re all set for when the first holiday party comes around. Or…they can even just be a party in your mouth!
We are self admitted and recovering “Nutella” junkies from our pre-paleo days. Once we stumbled on a version of Paleo hazelnut spread from Kelly over at The Spunky Coconut a few years ago, we were thrilled to once again enjoy it on our crepes and now in these cookies! We make it a couple times a year and enjoy it so much. Are we still junkies…maybe! But at least we can feel better about making our own and knowing exactly what all the ingredients are!!
hazelnut party cookies
soft pillowy cookies of hazelnut goodness, perfect Paleo cookie addition to any party table
- 2¼ cups Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Redmond Real Salt
- 11 oz hazelnut spread (we use this recipe), room temperature
- 1⅓ cup maple sugar
- ¼ cup organic palm shortening
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup raw milk (can sub full fat coconut milk)
- ½ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts coating
- up to 1 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- up to 1 cup maple powdered sugar or organic powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, add cassava flour, baking powder and salt, whisk together and set aside.
- In another bowl, add hazelnut spread, maple sugar and shortening. Using a hand mixer beat until well combined and fluffy, approximate 1 minute.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the hazelnut mixture and beat again until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and raw milk alternately into hazelnut mixture until well combined, then stir in ½ cup chopped hazelnuts.
- Refrigerate cookie dough several hours or until firm
- Once dough is ready, preheat oven to 375° and line 2 baking sheets with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Using a small cookie scoop, (we use a 4cm ice cream scoop) scoop dough and roll into a 1-1½” ball, roll dough ball in finely chopped hazelnuts and then powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough, placing them about 2″ apart on baking sheet, as they will spread just a little as they bake.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are set, remove from oven and let cool slightly before removing to a cooling rack.
These look delicious and perfect for a holiday party!
We couldn’t agree more, they are little crowd pleasers! Hope you enjoy them 🙂