VANILLA BEAN FROZEN YOGURT! This is one of those recipes that needed to be made, it’s so simple and classic! As is typical on our blog, it’s a remake of a recipe we used to enjoy in our pre paleo days. and weren’t sure we’d be able to enjoy again. But we did it, and are excited to share it.
This vanilla bean frozen yogurt deliciousness was created for my hubby who does tolerate some dairy. It is full on made with organic Greek yogurt, so NOT dairy free whatsoever. Given that the recipe remake is for him, I’m good with having it exist here on the blog.
Besides, there are so many great non dairy yogurts available now. Culina makes a lovely coconut milk based yogurt. Another cashew based brand I’ve found is Forager Project, it’s dreamy and organic! Win, win!! Both come in a plain version in a larger size so making this a dairy free version is so doable!
This is seriously such an easy recipe. Just a few ingredients, combine, chill, freeze and then enjoy. It’s tangy with a subtle sweetness which pairs wonderfully with cut up fruit or some of our paleo pizzelles! We love a classic vanilla since flavor since it provides a fantastic backdrop for whatever you want to pair with it. Enjoy!!
frozen vanilla bean yogurt
frozen yogurt for all your favorite toppings
- 3 cups plain, Greek yogurt non dairy or otherwise
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean powder
- ¼ teaspoon Redmond Real Salt
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Place in refrigerator and chill completely – a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Ready to enjoy immediately, or store in freezer in an air tight container.