This is one of those recipes that needed to be made in order to create another recipe that will be shared later on. As is typical on our blog, it’s a remake of a recipe we used to enjoy in our pre paleo days and weren’t sure we’d be able to enjoy again. But we did it, and are excited to share the other recipe soon. In fact it will actually be a combo of not just this recipe, but 2 other new recipes. Stay tuned for that those.
Back to this frozen yogurt deliciousness. Since the hubby can tolerate some dairy, this is full on made with Greek yogurt, so NOT dairy free whatsoever. Given that the recipe remake is for him, I’m good with having it exist here on the blog.
While I didn’t test it using a coconut yogurt, I’m almost certain it will work just fine. To be honest I’ve not found a large enough container of coconut yogurt locally to give it a try. (the smalls ones are a bit pricey.) The nearest Whole Foods is close to an hour away and our Sprouts is not a large store and while their selection is getting better, a large container of coconut yogurt is not anything I’ve seen. One day when I find some, I’ll have to give it a whirl and test it out.
This is seriously such an easy recipe. Just a few ingredients, combine, freeze and then enjoy. It’s tangy with a subtle sweetness which pairs wonderfully with cut up fruit or some of our paleo pizzelles! Enjoy!!
frozen vanilla bean yogurt
recipe description here
- 3 cups plain, Greek yogurt (or coconut yogurt for dairy free)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean powder
- ¼ teaspoon Redmond Real Salt
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Place in refrigerator and chill completely – a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Ready to enjoy immediately, or store in freezer in an air tight container.