Pie crust is NOT just for pies. It’s also for crackers! Paleo crackers! These are light, crispy and a pretty close match to those boxed crackers called “chicken in a biscuit” that we all used to eat. Needless to say, these are better than those.
What’s great about these paleo crackers is you can customize the add ins to match the flavors you enjoy the most. For us, we added some fresh thyme, poultry seasoning and a dash of the Trifecta seasoning. Switch up the herbs and seasonings for a new cracker every time you make them.
We cut these out in 1”x 2” rectangles using a crinkle cutter we have from Pampered Chef which gives them a cute little scalloped edge. You can use a round cutter, a shaped cutter or even a pizza cutter for a straight edge. So many options.
With the announcement of our new PIE CRUST MIX in collaboration with Legit Bread Company, we’ve been loading up the blog with all sorts of options for using it. Pies, pop tarts, hand pies, empanadas and now PALEO CRACKERS! Have you gotten your bag(s) yet?
Alright, your ovens are waiting! Get creative and enjoy making these crackers!
A few of our other favorite recipes:
Links to our favorite items used in this recipe:
pie crust crackersCourse: snacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 pie crust recipe
- ad ins
1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped (opt)
½ tsp poultry seasoning
¼ tsp Redmond Real Salt
¼ tsp Balanced Bites Trifecta seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
Egg, for egg wash (opt)
Redmond Real Salt Kosher Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make pie crust as directed, through step 5. If using our PIE CRUST MIX follow directions for making a single crust.
- Once dough has come together, add thyme, poultry seasoning, additional salt and Trifecta seasoning. Work into the dough ball until fully combined and divide dough in half.
- Roll out one half of the dough between two pieces of parchment paper, dusted with flour (or if using our mix, sprinkle with reserved mix) to around ⅛ “ thick. Cut out as desired and place on the prepared baking sheet. Reroll as needed then repeat with the remaining dough ball.
- Once all crackers are on the baking sheets, whisk egg in a small cup and brush tops of each one. Sprinkle with kosher salt and a little extra trifecta seasoning and using the end of a chopstick add divots if desired.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, rotate trays and bake until edges just begin to get golden. Remove and let cool on the baking sheet. Store at room temperature and enjoy within 4-5 days.
Pingback: christmas "crack"er bark Christmas "crack"er Bark ~ Back Porch Paleo
Pingback: paleo cheese ball paleo cheese ball ~ Back Porch Paleo
Pingback: paleo lemon tart paleo lemon tart ~ Back Porch Paleo
Pingback: jam palmiers paleo jam “palmiers” - Back Porch Paleo