Move over plain ol’ blueberry & welcome this delight to your taste buds with a fresh hit of lemon! It’s such a delightful pairing that we’re not sure we can enjoy blueberries without lemon ever again. Erin uses a lemony technique that packs a punch of lemon you just have to try out to believe!
We made just a couple ingredient swaps to make a luscious PALEO VERSION – we’ll list them below & for the full recipe you’ll need to grab a copy of Erin’s book, we want to give credit where credit is due, after all! Plus, it’s an AMAZING book! Our swaps are listed below.
PALEO SWAPS to Erin’s recipe:
- 1½ cups MAPLE SUGAR for granulated sugar
- ½ cup CASSAVA FLOUR for all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp GHEE for butter
- our PALEO PIE CRUST or PIE CRUST MIX (parbaked, as directed)
- organic vanilla infused sugar (opt) to sprinkle along the edge of the crust before baking for the fun lil’ shimmer on the edge
- additional fresh blueberries & lemon zest for garnish before serving (opt)