How refreshing is RASPBERRY LIMEADE? The biggest issue with a limeade or lemonade for us can be the sweetness sometimes. Overly sweet and cloying. Messing with your blood sugar so much that you find yourself lethargic and looking for a sugar fix. No thanks!
Our RASPBERRY LIMEADE is mildly sweet but also tart. Which we think is actually a super combo. Pulsing the limes in a high powered blender releases the lime oil in the rind which provides far more natural lime flavor. Be sure to wash them really well ahead of time. This method also juices those limes quicker than doing each one individually!
You can skip the raspberries here, but gosh they go so well with limes don’t they and that color! By pulsing them along with the limes the seeds are strained out with the lime rinds. Saving you time left and right on this recipe…you’re welcome!
We like the flavor of honey in this recipe, but you could certainly sweeten it with maple syrup if you’d like. The flavor profile would be a bit different as well as the color. Give it a go if you prefer that to honey, zero judgment.
To serve, we like to add ice to a tall glass along with a few fresh raspberries and muddle a bit before pouring in the limeade. Adds some visual variety as well as texture. Yes, texture is great in a beverage too, don’t knock it til you try it!
Sip on friends and enjoy this all season!
enjoy a few of our other beverages:
raspberry limeadeCourse: BeveragesDifficulty: Easy
a refreshing new take on LIMEADE sweetened with only honey!
4 cups water
6 oz fresh raspberries
Pinch of fine sea salt
¾ – 1 cup raw honey
Garnish: additional limes & raspberries (opt)
- Wash limes and air dry so they’re not slippery and cut into ¼ or ⅛ depending on the size.
- Add water, cut limes, raspberries and salt to a high powered blender and pulse 4-5 times. Pour this mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large container, removing lime rinds, pulp and raspberry seeds.
- Return this liquid to the blender and pour in the honey. Blend until honey is well incorporated.
- We suggest starting with ¾ cup then tasting and adding additional honey depending on your desired sweetness.
- Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate. To serve, add ice along with additional raspberries & lime slices to a 16oz glass and pour in limeade. Enjoy!