Our INSTANT POT paleo TAPIOCA PUDDING is so easy and quite nostalgic for us. We’ve enjoyed this dish over the years and many of us certainly enjoyed it as children. There are several varieties to pick from. Quick cooking, large pearls, BOBA sized pearls and the little small ones used for this recipe and they work splendidly!
Pretty sure the boxed “minute tapioca pudding” variety may be in the back of everyone’s pantry right?! Ripped open and with literally a half cup left in it. It’s such a little box. It easily gets pushed to the back behind all the other pantry staples we use more often. While this little box is convenient, you should read the label. It’s not just tapioca pearls. #readthoselables
Our Instant Pot paleo tapioca pudding uses the Instant Pot. Which does a couple things to create more ease in the kitchen. You will spend less time standing over a hot pot stirring and stirring. You will also have tapioca pudding sooner than the standard stove top preparation. The Instant Pot does it again, a winning gadget that saves you time in the kitchen.
TIPS/OPTIONS: We’ve added a touch of sweet potato powder to our pudding. Totally optional, but it sure makes for a lovely lavender color. Add more if you want more color. Use whatever milk you’d prefer, but the thicker the better in this case. If you want this a little sweeter, use up to the full three quarter cup maple syrup called for. Start with the 1/2 cup, taste and adjust if needed. Depending on what toppings you use, you might not want the pudding overly sweet.
This lusciousness can be served as a side with breakfast. Or is great as an afternoon snack topped with fruit and nuts. It rivals the love of chia pudding over here! It’s just as versatile and is a great vessel for toppings of all kinds.
For this recipe you’ll need the following:
- an Instant Pot
- small tapioca pearls
- sweet potato powder(opt)
- Balanced Bites organic vanilla sugar(opt)
Instant Pot Tapioca PuddingCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Instant Pot paleo tapioca pudding, as tasty as you remember!
2 cups water
½ cup small tapioca pearls
3 cups almond milk
½ – ¾ cup maple syrup (to taste)
2 eggs, room temperature
4 tsp vanilla
4 tsp sweet potato powder (opt)
¼ tsp fine sea salt
organic vanilla infused sugar (opt)
- Add water and pearls to the insert of your Instant Pot, and stir. Secure lid in place, set valve to “sealing” and cook under high pressure for 6 minutes. Manually release the pressure for 8-10 minutes.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add milk, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, sweet potato powder (if using) and salt. Whisk well so eggs are completely incorporated. Pour this mixture into the InstantPot with the warm tapioca mixture. Whisk well to combine.
- Set the InstantPot to “saute” and warm, stirring occasionally until mixture has thickened. Typically around 5-10 minutes. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
- Serve topped with your favorite fruit, nuts or garnish, we went with some chopped mango and a sprinkle of organic sugar. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.