Peach season is literally one of our most favorite seasons here in Utah, because that means we get to make all the PALEO PEACH PIE we can handle! Which is why we enjoy our juicy Utah peaches with as many meals as we can creatively come with.
Our favorite however is paleo peach pie, in one form or another. So it can be our FRESH PEACH PIE, our PEACH GALETTE or even our PEACH PIE à la MODE ICE CREAM. Either way, it involves peaches and plenty of them.
Which is why we couldn’t help but come up with another way to use these luscious globes of golden flesh. This is a baked option with a scrumptious crumble top that bakes up all nice and golden. Sure to be another favorite we’ll add to our seasonal rotation.
We of course use our PALEO PIE CRUST recipe, which we think is practically perfect. It’s one of the oldest and most trusted recipes on our blog. We’re so thrilled to see so many folks enjoying it over the years.
Links to our favorite items used in this recipe:
paleo peach crumble pie
a paleo peach pie with a golden crumble topping
- ¾ cup Otto’s Naturals Cassava flour
- ½ cup cold grass fed butter, cut up into ½” chunks
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple sugar
- ½ teaspoon Redmond Real Salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Our Paleo Pie Crust
- 6-7 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- In a medium sized bowl, add cassava flour, butter, sugars, salt and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter, blend butter into dry ingredients until butter is incorporated evenly and resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375° and prepare our paleo pie crust, placing in a 9″ pie plate/tin, finish edge as desired and set aside.
- Sprinkle approximately 6 tablespoons of crumble mixture evenly on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Place peaches in a large bowl, add 6 tablespoons of crumble mixture to peaches and using a rubber spatula, carefully stir peaches to coat.
- Add peaches to pie crust, arranging as needed to fill in gaps. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture evenly over the peaches. If using an egg wash for the crust edge, apply that at this point.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Check the pie crust edge and if it’s getting too brown, cover with a crust guard or foil. Return to the oven and continue baking for 10-15 minutes longer or until filling is bubbling. Cool completely before slicing and serving. Store any uneaten pie in refrigerator.