Paleo potatoes! As much as the question still comes up, “are white potatoes Paleo?” We are here to say, you better believe THEY ARE! In fact they’re even Whole30 compliant! As is this new and truly fantastic recipe!
After coming up with our DAIRY FREE KALE PESTO recipe a couple weeks ago, this seemed like the perfect dish to use it with. Who doesn’t want another option for paleo potatoes!? These tates are crispy on the outside while also soft and fluffy on the inside with a dreamy dairy free pesto “cream” sauce to dip them in. Could there be a more perfect finger food?! Rhetorical question by the way!
Here’s the link to the Cuisinart Multi-function Air Fryer we LOVE!
Lovingly referred to as “tates” in our home, potatoes are loved no matter the dish. Add the element of getting to enjoy them as a finger food and our taste buds literally smile.
A few of our other POTATO LOVIN’ recipes:
- Whole30 & Paleo crispy ham & potato stacks
- grilled lemon pepper wedges
- chorizo patatas bravas breakfast bowls
This pesto cream potato wedges are the perfect paleo potato side dish for almost any meal or can even be served as an appetizer. Minimal prep makes them a winner, bake up so fast in the AIR FRYER and the flavors and texture will have you reaching for them over and over again!
Our favorite ingredients used in this recipe!
air fryer pesto “cream” potato wedgesCourse: side dish, appetizersDifficulty: easy
2-3 russet potatoes
1 tblsp avocado oil
1¼ tsp Redmond Real Salt, divided
¼ cup dairy free cream cheese
3 tblsp of OUR Dairy Free Kale Pesto
2-3 tblsp full fat coconut milk
2 tsp fresh chives, chopped
Redmond Real Salt Kosher Salt (opt)
- Prepare the air fryer tray by spraying/brushing tray with avocado oil.
- Wash russets well and dry with a paper towel. Cut lengthwise in half and then cut each half into 3-4 wedges. This will vary depending on how large the tates are. Just make sure each wedge is about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Place wedges in a medium sized bowl and drizzle avocado oil over the top and toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and toss again.
- Lay wedges flat on the tray in a single layer. Place in the air fryer and bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden on the outside and soft on the inside.
- While tates bake, place cream cheese, pesto, milk and remaining ¼ tsp salt in a small bowl and whisk till well combined. Schmear a couple tablespoons of cream on a serving platter and place the rest in a small serving bowl.
- When tates are done, carefully place on a serving platter and drizzle a bit of the pesto cream on top, sprinkle with chopped chives and a shake or two of kosher salt if using.
*to bake in the oven, preheat to 415° & prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes. Remove tray from the oven, flip tates over and continue baking for 10-12 minutes or until golden.