Our new mini paleo FIG GALETTES are both sweet and savory. A combination so many of us crave! Figs are such a versatile lil’ fruit too. They shine no matter if we enjoy them in a sweet cookie or a savory baked dish.
Fresh figs don’t find their way to Utah very often. So when they showed up at our local Costco we grabbed them. Not sure which type they were, but most any kind of fig would do the trick in these paleo figgy galettes, so look for your favorite!
By nature galettes are rustic, so they are perfect for those of us that want to enjoy a pie crust without actually making a pie. The edges of a galette don’t have to be pretty, perfect or even. Winner, winner! If you’re at all intimidated by finishing a pie crust edge, galettes are perfect for you!
We continue to come up with unique and new ways to use our pie crust recipe and the PIE CRUST MIX. We want you all to have so many options that you will have a mix (or two) on hand all year round and not just for the holidays.
While we used a dairy free cream cheese as the base of this delightful galette, you can certainly skip that or use a spread that you pair with figs. Maybe that’s a nut butter, a spicy marmalade or even a schmear of mayo? It’s pretty customizable so experiment and have fun!
A few of our favorite pie recipes:
ingredients used in this recipe:
mini fig & prosciutto galatteCourse: Appetizers, mainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
a mini sweet & savory PALEO galette packed with figs & prosciutto
1 pie crust recipe
½ cup chive “cream” cheese
2-3 figs, halved or quartered, depending on size
2-3 pieces of prosciutto, cut into ½” strips
3-4 thyme (opt)
1 egg, whisked
sesame seeds (opt)
balsamic reduction (opt)
- Preheat the oven to 410° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare pie dough as directed & divide into 4 equal balls.
- Roll one dough ball out into a circle approx. 6 ½ – 7” between two pieces of cassava flour dusted parchment paper.
- Spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese in the middle, leaving 1½” border of dough around the edge.
- Place figs sections (3-4) on top of the cream cheese.
- Loosely roll prosciutto strips & tuck around figs or crinkle/weave around figs segments.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt & fresh thyme (if using)
- Using the parchment paper, carefully lift the edge of the dough over the figs, approx. 1½”, pressing & pleating dough as you go around. Move to baking sheet & repeat with remaining dough balls.
- Brush each mini galette edge with egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds on (if using) & another sprinkle of kosher salt.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until crust is golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly, then drizzle with honey & balsamic reduction (if using) & ENJOY!