Grilled potatoes? For reals, we’ve been enjoying them on the grill for years at our home, and when the folks at Redmond Real Salt asked us to come up with a recipe using their new flavored salt grinders, these lovely spuds came to mind instantly when we heard there was a Lemon Pepper blend! For the record, potatoes like plenty of salt, The Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond) says so and we’ll add our two cents here and say potatoes like plenty of Redmond Real Salt…not just any salt! Sprinkle generously, you can thank us and Ree later!
These tasty wedges of lemony goodness have just a little bit of prep involved, making them the perfect accompaniment to your next family/friend BBQ. Best of all, the prep can be done ahead of time! Because the potatoes are pre-baked, you really just need to toss together that dipping sauce (which we say is optional, but just make it) cut up some parsley and zest a lemon, once the taters hit the grill. We think these are a crowd pleaser, so if you are feeding a crowd, definitely double the batch! If you happen to have any leftovers (doubtful) you can cut them up and enjoy them for breakfast the next morning as lemony home fried potatoes fried up in some ghee.
Alrighty, get those taters baking and please enjoy this goodness!
grilled lemon pepper potato wedges
grilled lemony potato wedges
- 3 russet potatoes
- 1-2 tbls avocado oil
- Redmond Real Salt Lemon Pepper Salt Grinder
- zest of one large lemon, you’ll want at least 2 tsp
- 2 tbls fresh parsley, coarsely chopped lemon dipping sauce (opt)
- ½ c mayonnaise
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp chives, finely chopped
- 3-4 grinds of Redmond Real Salt Lemon Pepper Salt Grinder
- fresh lemon juice to desired tanginess
- 1-2 tbls raw milk to desired consistency (or coconut milk)
- Preheat oven to 385°, wash potatoes & dry with a paper towel. Prepare your potatoes to bake using your favorite method and bake until just barely done, you don’t want them overly soft.
- While potatoes bake, prep garnish by placing lemon zest & parsley in a small bowl, mix together until lemon zest is evenly distributed, set aside. If you’re going to enjoy the lemon dipping sauce, make that as well by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk till they are all combined well. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Once potatoes are baked and are cool enough to handle, carefully cut into sixths, brush with avocado oil and grind/sprinkle generously with Redmond Real Salt Lemon Pepper blend.
- Place wedges on grill and let them get some golden grill marks, with tongs, turn over and get some nice grill marks on the other side as well. Remove to platter and cover while you grill the remaining wedges.
- Once all potatoes are done, arrange on platter and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over them, sprinkle with parsley lemon zest mixture and some additional Lemon Pepper. Serve family style (as pictured) with lemon dipping sauce (if using) and ENJOY!