Not too much explanation needed here…it’s hot, we love chocolate and why NOT make fudgsicles we can enjoy this summer! Haha, we make our own chocolate almond milk and it seemed like such a simple task to turn this into a perfect summer treat. Without too much effort, it was done and we had this tasty treat! Not too mention, there’s avocado in it!!! Don’t skip this step! It adds so much creaminess to the mixture as well as some amazing fat!!
If you don’t make your own chocolate almond milk, you can certainly use the store bought carton…but I’d opt for buying the vanilla unsweetened almond milk so you can add your own sweetness and cocoa. But really, try making your own…we’ve been making our own since the beginning of this year and it’s so good! Before I had a Blendtec I used the standard kitchen blender…still worked, just took a bit longer! Oh, and invest in a milk bag…the cheese cloth method can be messy!
Anyways, you can make up these fudgesicles in no time…freeze them and enjoy later today!
because we all love fudgesicles, so this dairy-free paleo version is perfection
- 2 c chocolate almond milk*
- 1 c full fat coconut milk
- 3-4 T maple syrup
- ½ avocado
- ¼ tsp Redmond Real Salt
- popsicle molds
- Prep your popsicle molds and place them on a tray you can slide into the freezer when you’re done filling them. Also, make sure there’s room in your freezer ahead of time to slide the tray in!
- Place all popsicle ingredients in your blender and blend until completely combined and smooth! Taste and adjust with more maple syrup or even more cocoa if you want it a darker chocolatey flavor.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze til solid.
- This makes about 4 cups of fudgsicle mixture, and we got about 12 out of it. The number you get will be determined by how large or small your popsicle molds are.
*If you don’t have chocolate almond milk, simply use regular unsweetened almond milk and add an additional ¼ cup maple syrup and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder to the recipe.