Because chorizo is delicious and mini patatas bravas are a fantastic pairing ~ one of our favorite breakfast bowls was born! Chorizo Patatas Bravas Breakfast Bowls! Not too mention, it was time this gorgeous bowl of goodness had a permanent place on the blog! It’s always hugely popular when we post over on the ol’ Insta-verse!
Patatas bravas are traditionally a bit larger, but these little cubes of golden browned potatoes add such a great flavor combo and texture to this breakfast bowl. Easy directions for 2 breakfast bowls listed below – enjoy and be sure to serve with our tomatillo salsa! It adds the very best little zing
chorizo patatas bravas bowls
Paleo & Whole30 chorizo patatas bravas breakfast bowls
- 1 package Pederson’s Farms chorizo sausage
- 1 standard sized russet potato
- 2 tsp avocado oil (or fat of choice)
- Redmond Real Salt to taste
- handful of cilantro, finely diced
- 2 limes, quartered
- approx. 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage (opt)
- toppings of choice (opt)
- tomatillo salsa*
- Cook chorizo according to package directions, set aside.
- While chorizo cooks, peel potatoes & cut into approximately 1cm cubes
- Slowly warm up cast iron pan & add cooking fat
- Toss in potato cubes, quickly toss about to coat with cooking fat, sprinkle with salt & make sure all cubes are touching the bottom of the pan.
- Leave undisturbed so they can begin browning & once they begin to release easily, toss about with a thin spatula so several sides can get some color. Continue until cubes are fork tender & are golden. Taste & add more salt if necessary (potatoes LOVE salt). Sprinkle with cilantro & toss to coat.
- Build bowls by placing cabbage down first, layer with patatas bravas, cooked chorizo & toppings of choice. Serve with lime wedges and tomatillo salsa….breakfast is served!